SCHEDULE - Monday - Saturday (Wednesday off)
At South Shore Bank, we set the highest standards to maintain confidentiality, trust and goodwill. We strive to provide exceptional customer service in a professional environment that fosters respect and team enthusiasm for both our employees and customers. Our culture reaches out to the community, which it serves in a meaningful, caring and significant manner. South Shore Bank is dedicated to providing professional growth and training to our employees. As a Personal Banking Advisor I, you will contribute to the success of the organization by processing customer transactions. You will also be required to become familiar with all retail banking products and services, to successfully cross-sell and refer the Bank's products and services to our customers while consistently meeting or exceeding established sales goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assists customers by telephone or in person with new account services including additions or changes in customer accounts.Â Actively cross sells all bank products.
· Fills out contract forms, determines charges or fees for service requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address records, and proper disclosure forms.
· Remain educated on all bank products, services and technology offered by the bank.
· Adapts quickly to the changing technology.
· Increase consumer awareness of the technology available to them through our products and services.
· Educate customers on the use of technology and provide instruction/demonstration on how to properly use the technology for their benefit.
· Solve customer complaints, questions or problems.
· Assists in all branch supervisory functions including branch settlement, teller balancing, ATM settlement.
· Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements.
· Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
· Enters customers' transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
· Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds
· Responds to audit reviews and helps complete branch monthly audit reports.
· Allows customers access to safe deposit boxes, following specified procedures.
· Monitors and reviews financial institution's security procedures and control access to vault.
· Assist in maintaining all dual control logs.
· Uses supervisory authority in support of teller transactions.
· Ensure the security and safety of all employees.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Supervisor authority appropriate to level assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent. Experience with electronic delivery channels including Internet Banking, Mobile Banking/Mobile Deposit, eStatements, Bill Pay, etc. is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and at least twice a day, lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
South Shore Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.